Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Such a little charmer

I went back to work on Monday after having a lovely couple of weeks off with my boys. It was very difficult to leave the house that morning, especially since I knew Ben would be at daycare the rest of the day. He is growing up so fast, and this summer has been such a joy. The week we spent in Florida was wonderful. It was especially nice to spend a few days at the Disney Animal Kingdom resort in Orlando. Waking up every morning and seeing zebras, giraffes, and antelope outside my balcony was incredible. Ben had a wonderful time watching all of his favorite animals, and we got a much needed escape from our every day. 
The boys on safari
Godfrey and Ben, playing drums and singing African songs
 Since returning, we've been trying to get the house ready for #2's arrival. We batted around the idea of house hunting, but we need more time to get our finances and our home ready. Buying a house is a cinch compared with selling one and then trying to buy another simultaneously. So instead we are shifting things around and making do with what we have. That means giving up the craft/ computer room and moving my table into a corner of our bedroom. The move was good in one particular sense; it forced me to go through all of my bins and reorganize my materials. I put my Studio Calico Brooklyn Flea kit (it's now sold out along with all of the add-on kits) and a new Echo Park Everyday Eclectic kit front and center on my table to force me to move out of my comfort zone. I think I did well.
Sitting Up in My Stroller 
The papers all came from my Brooklyn Flea kit, as did the SC scrap embellishments, and the Amy Tangerine fabric border stickers, and the buttons and alphas. The only thing that didn't were the blue letters. I found the layout on the Silhouette blog. I don't have a Silhouette Cameo, mostly because of the cost. I bought a Cricut Personal a year ago. It's okay, but reading the Silhouette blog has me practically salivating.


My husband will ask me how the leaves or the buttons relate to the image, but I'm satisfied with it. The best part is my little man's adorable smile. He has always been such a charmer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment