Sunday, August 5, 2012

so silly, so sweet

I really enjoy Francine Clouden's scrapbooking layouts because she writes about the same content and ideas that I do. Her son is adorable, and she always seems to catch him at just the right moment. She recently posted a blog entry that used chevrons as embellishments, so I thought I would finally give in and try making some. 

I found this youtube video by Jennifer McGuire at Studio Calico, and it looked so easy at first. I also found it so ideal for using up leftover scrap paper, especially the extra bits I have lying around from a poorly considered etsy buy (for the record, sewcolorfuldesigns DESTASH is a waste of money, even if it is only $2.50).  The actual process was more time consuming and more difficult than it seems in the video, but sometimes it's nice to have something completely mindless and repetitive to do.  


Once I was finished with the chevrons, it was a simple enough task to finish the rest of the layout. I really like how it came out. These two photos came from the same day as my last page. I loved Ben's silly expressions and his sweet antics. 

so Silly, so Sweet
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Text stickers from Studio Calico's Brooklyn Flea kit

Dear Lizzy glitter stickers and my handmade chevrons


No comments:

Post a Comment