Sunday, August 5, 2012

Herding Cats

The summer is almost over, and I haven't accomplished nearly as much as I had planned. Every day, it seems there is something else on our checklist that needs to be tackled. I've been trying to do a little bit at a time, and so far we have made good progress. But school is nearly here, and I am wondering what things will be like once it starts, especially with the new baby.

At least for now, we can still sleep in and relax, I can carve out time to work at my craft table and peruse old photos. These are some of my favorites from Ben's first big boy haircut. His hair was starting to creep into his eyes, so we knew it was time for a definite change. We took him to Kimberly, the stylist who cuts our whole family, and she took very good care of him. It was a bit like herding cats because he refused to sit still (at only 11 months how can you blame him?), but in the end she was able to give him a decent enough trim.

1st Haircut

MS Scrapbooking paper, Amy Tangerine Remarks fabric border stickers
 I have a hard time with layering. I always hesitate because I can't understand why anyone would want to cover up a lovely paper with another embellishment, but I think this one turned out nicely. I outlined the paper dolls with my white Uniball pen to help them stand out.

Ormolu tags, MS Scrapbooking stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment