Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sometimes Understated Is Just Another Word for Boring

I should have known better. I have been staring at my last page thinking it needed something. I just couldn't put my finger on it. I think in my zeal to try something more understated and simple I went way too simple. Those days on the playgym were so much fun, and I needed a layout that captures the spirit of those magical days. Back then the downside was that Ben was content to play and laugh and talk to himself, even if I was away for a minute or two. The upside was I was with my little man, and I was able to capture this moment.



I decided to take everything apart and try again. I used some paper I had been avoiding because I was concerned the polka dots were too mesmerizing, the sparkles too sparkly. I decided to try it on a whim, and ta-da! I lifted all of the original embellishments and the photo off of the old piece. I had to change my approach to the lettering in the title, and I added some buttons for balance. I was thinking about adding a journal spot to the bottom right corner under the photo, but I think I'm going to stop fussing with it and let it be.


No comments:

Post a Comment